Jelly Bean 4.2.2 is finally available for Samsung galaxy S4 now. Let’s update your handset.
What’s New in Android 4.2.2?
- New refreshed lock screen: Supports multiple widgets, and two unlock effects (ripple and light), you can even change your clock size
- Driving Mode
- Actionable Mode
- Full Screen Samsung Apps
- New S Voice (from Samsung Galaxy S4)
- Added voice controls
- Additions in notifications center
Check your Phone Firmware Details:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll to about phone
- Check your firmware version
Important Points Before You Proceed:
- Make a backup of your images, songs, videos, documents, and all other files on your device
- Also do not forget to take a backup of your MMS settings, messages, contacts, and other important stuff.
- Do not use Kies, or ROM Manager.
- The device must have above 50% battery before you start the update.
- Rooting your phone may cease the company warranty of your device.
- Disclaimer: All the tools and firmwares mentioned in the guide are official copies of their owners/ developers. Please follow all the steps mentioned carefully. We cannot be held responsible in case of any mishap with your device, proceed at your own risk.
- The process mentioned here is only for Samsung Galaxy S4. Please do not apply these steps for any other device.
Steps to Update:
- Download Omega 3.1 ROM zip file from thus link: http://dfiles.eu/files/4t8vajebu
- Download Gapps for Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM from this link: http://www.android.gs/download-install-and-flash-google-apps-for-android/
- After downloading, connect your S4 with your PC, and move both these files to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Disconnect the device after the files have been copied.
- Power off your mobile, and boot it to TWRP Mode. To do so, hold the volume up key, center button, and power button at the same time until you see a TWRP logo appears.
- Press the backup button, and create a backup of your device.
- Click on the Install button, and then browse your phone for the Omega zip file.Load I to TWRP recovery, and select add more zips.
- Now Select Gapps file, and select it for installation.
- Now swipe the confirm to update flash, and let the installation process complete.
- When the installation is complete, return to the main recovery menu, and select “Reboot”.
- Select “System”, and allow the phone to boot to normal mode on Omega Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM.
The firmware update will take around 2-4 minutes, and your device will reboot. Remember not to unplug your USB from your PC until you see the select language option on your device.
The above procedure will help you to successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on Omega Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. You may check out your new firmware details in the Settings, under about option.
In case the new update you installed doesn’t work as you expected, you have the option of recovering your previous version from the backup files on your mobile.